Yamaha YAH-203S Alto Horn
YAH-203S Eb Alto (Tenor) Horn
- Original case
- Yamaha 37C3 MP
Please note: these are referred to as tenor horns in many parts of the world. That is why the term "tenor horn" is used by Besson to refer to its product.
Student model in Silver-plated finish - Large bore
This is how Yamaha describes this lovely instrument
Consistent, durable construction gives this alto horn excellent response and reliable intonation, while being extremely easy to play.
The YAH-203S incorporates many of the design details of our top model 602, and shares many of its tonal characteristics. Easy to play, the 203 features excellent intonation.
- Honed valve
- The precise fit between valve casings and pistons after honing means no air leakage.
- Pressure formed tubing
- Perfectly rounded tubing results in less turbulence and a smoother air flow, thus allowing for an excellent scale and reduced resistance.
- Laser-fused pluzuma welded bell
- A high-energy laser fuses the brass together for a virtually seamless bell which allows continuous even vibrations.
- Excellent response
- Consistent intonation
- Well-centred sound
- Full and round sound
- This provides a warm blend with the other instruments of the brass section.
||Number of valves||3 pistons|
|Bell||Bell Size||205mm (8-1/16")|
|Bore||Bore Size||11.73mm (0.462")|
This particular instrument, while technically used, shows almost no signs of use. If you have been looking to buy an alto horn of your own, this Yamaha offers you the perfect opportunity to get a fantastic horn, at an affordable price.
Like all used brass instruments, it is recommended that it undergo a professional chemical cleaning prior to its new owner taking it home and using it on a regular basis. Speak to us about this service. We offer a 10% discount when customers order a chemical cleaning at the time of purchase.**
**In order to qualify for this 10% discount, you must request the work at the time of purchase.