Instrument Trial Policy
Instrument Trial Policy*
Matterhorn Music wants you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase of a new instrument. That is why we offer a 1 week (7 day) trial period to try out an instrument you might be interested in at home**
In order to quality for this in-home trial, the following criteria need to be met:
- The instrument must be new
- The instrument must be picked up in person at our Surrey location
- A minimum of 25% of the instrument’s pre-tax total needs to be paid as a deposit (major credit card only)
If you decide to buy the instrument, notify us at any point during the trial period and arrange payment.
If you decide you do not wish to buy the instrument, it must be returned no later than Noon on the 7th day of the trial period. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Failure to return the instrument will result in the full value being charged to your credit card.
Upon return of the instrument:
- It will be carefully assessed for condition. It must be returned in EXACTLY the same condition that you received it in. No dings, dents, scratches allowed. If any damage has occurred while the instrument is in your possession, a repair or replacement charge will be assessed.
- All accessories items, such as case covers, cleaning rods, plugs, reed guards, mouthpieces, etc, included with the instrument must also be returned. Accessories such as cloths, reeds, greases, oils, etc, must be returned UNUSED. Any used or missing accessories will result in replacement charges being assessed.
- The appropriate restocking fee*** will be assigned and deducted from your deposit.
During the trial period, all instruments remain the property of Matterhon Music.
*This policy is discretionary, and may not be available from time to time. EG: limited stock.
**Certain instruments may be excluded from this Trial Policy.
*** Restocking Fee
In this age of COVID-19, it is more important than ever that each instrument is properly cleaned and disinfected between test-plays/players. This cleaning process is quite time consuming.
For this reason, and for the health and safety of all our clients, we have implemented the following restocking fee for trial instrument returns.
|Small (trumpets thru to trombones)||Lacquer||$100|
|Small (trumpets thru to tromones)||Silver plate||$150|
|Large (French horns and up)||$200|